I have been very busy this week working on a story for possible publication. (As some of you who have been wheedled into helping me edit it can attest to.) ;-) So, imagine my surprise when I glance at my computer's digital clock and saw that it was nearly midnight on SUNDAY! Ack! I can't miss another Site of the Week!
Without delay I set about scouring the internet for a suitable site to feature. I was rewarded with the first click of my mouse. Writing-World's SF-Fantasy page is a gem in the dirt pile of "helpful" writing sites. The first article I read "Dialogue in Speculative Fiction: When Space Bugz Speakie Funnie and Other Problems" by Paula Fleming made me laugh out loud. (Good thing I'd already finished my cocoa.) Not only was it funny, it was full of truly helpful advice and ideas. :-)
Then I noticed Paula Fleming had also written an article about historical fiction - I was hooked. The SF-Fantasy page inlcudes articles from several different authors including tips for; Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror as well as marketing tips and interviews with published speculative fiction authors. There are a ton of links at the top of the page that cover other genres and aspects of the writing world. Hence the site's name, right? ;-)
I very highly recommend this site. You can never learn too much, or laugh enough. :-) I have added a permanent link to Writer's World to my Websites for Writers list.
Grr. The time stamp beat me. 12:01am. Monday the 29th. :-(
2 comments:
Cool! I'll check it out.
Jai
That's ok. I'll forgive you going over into Monday. That does sound like a gem of a website. I'll be sure to go check it out later.
Post a Comment