Sunday, March 7, 2010

Site of the Week - Pub Rants

Well, it's been a busy week so I'm getting this week's site out a bit later than usual. I am going to keep this short because my allergies are driving me nuts today and I've had a headache since I woke up. Ugh.

I decided to highlight Pub Rants because "Agent Kristin" has some recent posts that deal with ebooks and how they will effect royalties and contracts. My favorite bit was that she had a question about how to calculate the royalties for her client and the publisher told her that the author could put the manuscript on hold until they made an in-house decision on how they would handle ebook royaly payments.

WTF??? So after all of the waiting and wondering, now we're supposed to be expected to wait for the publisher to figure out how they're going to calculate royalties? Ridiculous.

Anyway, any of you who haven't been to Pub Rants, enjoy. The link will be in  my Websites for Writers for future reference. :-)

1 comment:

Jai Joshi said...

Looney,

You have an award waiting for you at my blog! Visit to collect.

Jai


Embrace nature's beauty. It feeds the soul.