Well, I'm barely squeaking by, but I have delivered (as promised) a second site this week to make up for missing last week. :-)
I've chosen to highlight the agent blog written by Jennifer Jackson of the Donald Maass Literary Agency, Et in arcaedia, ego. Why? Because I found her voice engaging. The stats she provides on how many queries she recieves and how many partials she requests can be a bit disheartening, but I'm a realist deep down. Knowing that I not only have to be good, but slap-your-butt-flat-out-amazing, to get a nod makes me strive harder. (If being reminded that you have an ocean of competition isn't your thing, you'll probably want to avoid this site.)
However, Ms. Jackson gives a fresh voice to her (mis)adventures while slogging her way through the "query wars" as she calls them. She is straightforward about what authors can expect from her when submitting and provides reminders to those who choose not to follow the submission guidelines without being snarky or rude.
I recommend you pop in on her blog if you haven't run across it already. She accepts queries on all types of fiction. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment